We help busy homeowners through the insurance claim process.
Has your roof suffered damage due to a recent severe storm and you need roof insurance claim assistance in Houston? If you have homeowners insurance, a significant portion of the cost may be covered if you file a roofing claim. You may only have to pay a small deductible.
Protect your home and investment; it may be necessary to repair a particular area or the entire roof by filing an insurance claim that your roof needs fixing.
How A Roofing Claim Works
You have the right to file a claim with your insurance company to cover the cost of major roof repairs, or a reroof if needed. An insurance claim is series of sequential steps that lead to your insurance company sending a check to pay for the work to be done.
The process for filing a roofing claim looks something like this:
- You call or contact your insurance company. After explaining what one of our roofing experts have told you about your roofing needs, you can request an inspection from your insurance company.
- You and your insurance company schedule an inspection appointment. After a meeting is set for a claims adjuster representative to inspect your roof, let us know when the meeting is to take place. We would prefer to be present at your adjuster’s inspection so that we can help them to see the damage we found.
- An adjuster arrives to conduct an examination. Tapia’s Roofing will accompany the adjuster during their inspection of your property to determine the scope of work. Typically the insurance adjuster will give you a quote on the spot of what they have figured the cost for repair or replacement to be (by this time we will have already given you an estimate, which should be very close if not less than what they approve)
- The insurance company validates your claim. After the adjuster leaves from their inspection, you should be contacted shortly with a claim approval for an amount specified by the adjuster to cover the cost of your repair or reroof.
- You file the necessary paperwork with your insurance company and any building permits that are required. We can help you with filing the needed paperwork that will allow the work to begin.
- You receive a check. After we complete your roofing job, you will receive a check for the amount promised by your insurance company. If you don’t get this check promptly, we can act as your advocate to ensure that you are paid quickly and without hassle. Alternately, you can have the insurance company send us the check directly (which is entirely up to you).
Help With Your Roof Insurance
We believe that you should get a fair deal when it comes to roofing insurance claims. Your insurance company should treat you with respect and listen to your needs just as we do.
Our team at Tapia’s Roofing and Repairs is ready to fight for you and be your advocate with the insurance company to get you the money you deserve to fix your roof or to get you a new one.
Give us a call at (832) 447-1601 for help. We would be happy to walk you through the claims process.